Thursday 10 December 2015

Disappointing Bannerghatta

I had been first time to this awesome National Park near Bangalore via a school trip and I was swept off my feet.

Such exotic animals, such dedicated staff, such convenience and caution, I love that place.

So, I was all praise of this place when I returned home and was delighted when my family decided to visit it over the holidays.

On a Tuesday morning, we all set out to revisit the wild beauties, but alas! When we arrived it was closed for the day. It was the allotted rest day for the animals and I had overlooked the notice board. The whole trip turned out to be for naught.

I understand with the locals teeming in on weekends and the tourists preferring the lesser crowded Monday, the animals must be frayed to exhaustion. And for the safety of everyone concerned it is wise to give them a day's rest. Wish I had not overlooked the board.

I've dreamt of visiting that amazing Park ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment